Middlesbrough Football Club is looking to recruit a Professional Development Phase Coach (Under 18).
Under the guidance of the Professional Development Phase Lead Coach and the Head of Coaching, they will be responsible for the development of elite players in the Professional Development Phase (U18) and will assist in the utilisation of a multi-discipline approach.
They will be expected to deliver a coaching and games programme which reflects the Academy Coaching Curriculum, Coaching philosophy and Playing Philosophy as stated in the Academy Performance Plan.
They will be responsible for:
• The development and implementation of the technical programme and games programme to registered players (U17-U23) working closely with the Head of Coaching, Lead Professional Development Coach and the Senior Professional Development Phase Coaches under the guidance of the Academy Manager.
• In conjunction with the Academy Manager and Senior Coaching Staff, identifying players who are to be considered for a move into the senior professional environment, ie professional contracts.
• Establishing close working relationships with the Head of Education & Welfare Officer to discuss relevant issues relating to individual players.
• Attendance at Parents Meetings (a minimum of twice a year) as directed by the Academy Manager.
• Attendance and a commitment to CPD, CCF and DAP’s.
• Ensuring all data is kept up to date and stored securely and confidentially.
• Providing regular reports and updates to the Academy Manager and Head of Coaching.
• Attendance at Academy home and away games. Evenings and Weekends will be necessary as instructed by the Lead Professional Development Phase Coach.
• Attendance at all appropriate briefings and training sessions organised by Middlesbrough Football Club.
Our ideal candidate for the role will:
• Hold a UEFA “A” licence (Level 4), an FA Advanced Youth Award and an Age Appropriate FA Certification (Modules 1, 2, 3).
• Have extensive experience in a professional football club environment working with senior and/or youth players.
• Be self-motivated and able to work in a pressurised environment.
• Demonstrate drive, passion and enthusiasm for the business.
• Be flexible to adapt to a constantly changing environment and prepared to work unsociable hours.
• Have knowledge of the Performance Management Application (PMA).
A full driving licence will be necessary for the role and this position will also be subject to an enhanced DBS check. The salary for this role will be discussed with shortlisted candidates at interview, which will be held in the week commencing March 20 2017.
If you would like to be part of a committed team who value humility, respect and honesty, please contact email@example.com
to request an application form, quoting Ref. PDPC/MFC
CLOSING DATE: FEBRUARY 24 2017
Owing to the high volume of applications expected, if we have not contacted you within three weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted for interview.
MFC is an equal opportunities employer and committed to the safeguarding of vulnerable groups.