This will be a sessional based position to meet the needs and demands of the club. The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of Physiotherapy to our U9-16 year old players, assisting with evening academy clinics and evening and weekend match cover, providing pitch side first aid. They may need to accompany injured players to hospital should the instance occur.
The successful candidate will have an understanding of the Elite Player Performance Plan and be aware of the requirements associated to this. They must:
- Hold a Degree in Physiotherapy.
- Be associated to the Chartered Society of Physiotherapists.
- Hold a valid First Aid Certificate, preferably the F.A's Intermediate First Aid for Sport (IFAS).
- Have experience of working with youth athletes, ideally in an elite environment covering the age ranges of 9 to 16 years (specialist with set ages may still be considered).
- Possess exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have IT skills sufficient to manage the demands of the PMA (Performance Management Application) with the ability to accurately manage data.
A flexible approach to working hours is essential as working evenings and weekends is a requirement of this role as well as an attendance at both home and away fixtures. The job holder must hold a full driving licence and have the use of a vehicle.
This post falls within the scope of 'regulated activity' and is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974). Successful applicants will be required to undertake a Disclosure & Barring Service (formerly CRB) check and are required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings that are not 'protected' as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders (Exemptions) Act 1975.
If you would like to be part of a committed team who value humility, respect and honesty, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application form, quoting Ref. PTP/MFC.
Owing to the high volume of applications expected, if we have not contacted you within 10 days of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted for interview.
FRIDAY 16 JUNE 2017
W/C 10 JULY 2017
MFC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, disability, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion/belief.
MFC is also committed to the safeguarding of vulnerable groups