Debuts and late drama aplenty in our round-up from Boro’s loanees…

Chuba Akpom scored his first league goal since his return to PAOK in an explosive 4-4 draw on Sunday.

Opponents Volos took the lead at the Stadio Toumbas, but after an own goal levelled proceedings, Akpom’s goal put PAOK in front on the half hour mark. It was 4-1 to the home team by half-time, then visiting Volos staged an impressive second-half fightback to snatch a draw.

In Scotland, Nathan Wood made his long-awaited debut for Hibernian over the weekend. The young defender was handed his opportunity due to a suspension to regular centre-back Ryan Porteous, but it wasn’t a result to remember, Dundee United running out comfortable 3-0 winners.

"I thought Nathan did okay,” said his manager Jack Ross.

“It’s difficult at this moment to say that any of us can be satisfied with what we produced out on the pitch because of the performance and the result but I think there were aspects of his play where he will feel he contributed well.”

Elsewhere north of the border, Zach Hemming was in goal for Kilmarnock, who were pegged back by a 95th minute equaliser in a 2-2 draw at Dunfermline Athletic on Saturday.

Sol Brynn also started between the posts for Queen of the South, who having led at Somerset Park went down to a second-half double from hosts Ayr United.

In the Championship, Djed Spence played 90 minutes for Nottingham Forest, who beat Blackpool 2-1 at the City Ground thanks to goals from Brennan Johnson and Lewis Grabban.

And in League One, Lewis Wing started as Sheffield Wednesday were held by AFC Wimbledon in a 2-2 draw. Lee Gregory scored a double to put the Owls on course for three points, but Wimbledon hit back with goals from Nesta Gunnies-Walker and Jack Rudoni.

In League Two, Hayden Hackney started and played 72 minutes for Scunthorpe United, who were beaten 2-0 by Forest Green.

Meanwhile, Jack Robinson was an 80th-minute substitute for Yeovil Town who faced Weymouth in the fourth qualifying round of the FA Cup. Tom Bearwish scored a late equaliser for Weymouth, and the tie will go to a replay.