MFC Foundation have joined an illustrious list of nominations for the prestigious European Football for Development Network (EFDN) More than Football Award.
MFCF have joined Barcelona, Liverpool and Juventus in a 10-strong long-list for the award, based on the successful Walk and Talk programme.
The goal of the More than Football Award is to honour the best social initiatives in Europe delivered by a European club, league or FA by celebrating the work they do on and off-pitch on a local, national and international levels.
The winner receives not only recognition for having implemented the most innovative and impactful Community and Social Responsibility programme in European football, but also wins a complete branded Mini-Pitch System modular sports solution which will be developed in partnership between the winning organisation, EFDN and sponsor Musco Lighting.
The EFDN consists of professional football clubs, leagues and FAs who are committed to their communities and social responsibilities and have the passion to cooperate and engage on a European level.
The network aims to promote the power of football as a tool for social development and support the efforts of the network members in their initiatives to use football to reach out to various target groups in their communities. This creates a collaborative environment for knowledge sharing in order to develop a diversity of training methods that will directly benefit communities throughout Europe.
The shortlist will be announced on 29 September when organisations will be invited to present at the 16th EFDN Conference in Breda later this year. EFDN members will decide on the winner by voting.
What the EFDN said about the Walk and Talk programme….
“How often do we find the simple things are often the most effective? MFC Foundation provide a platform where anyone who is struggling with their mental health gets support. The group listened, the people talked, and they did all that while walking in an open space, a park, the seaside, somwhere neutral.”
The nominations are:
- ATHLETIC CLUB FOUNDATION – ATHLETIC CLUB CULTURAL PROJECT
- BARCA FOUNDATION – SPORT AS A TOOL FOR INCLUSION IN JUVENILE JUSTICE CENTERS
- BAYER 04 LEVERKUSEN – THE GOOD NEIGHBOUR
- BIG HEARTS – THE BIG HEARTS SUPPORTERS’ MOVEMENT
- FC TWENTE – INTEGRATION OF THE TURKISH COMMUNITY IN TWENTE
- JUVENTUS – DIFFERENCES MAKE THE DIFFERENCE
- MFC FOUNDATION – WALK AND TALK
- LFC FOUNDATION – COMMUNITY HUBS: WE ARE IN YOUR COMMUNITY
- PFC LUDOGORETS – IMPROVE YOURSELF
- SHEFFIELD UNITED COMMUNITY FOUNDATION – FANS FIGHTING CANCER (FANS FC)