MFC can now confirm the process for those fans still wishing to renew their Season Cards for the 2020/21 campaign.
With an anticipated capacity of around 10,000 and current sales standing at 7,900, we have approximately 2,000 Season Cards available to fans wishing to renew.
The club has considered several options to ensure we maximise capacity at the Riverside in the fairest and safest way possible for the 2020/21 season. We have consulted with and sought feedback from representatives of fan groups including the Middlesbrough Supporters Forum during the process and taken forward the views expressed.
We’ve also welcomed the EFL announcement that Season Card Holders who renew before the deadline will receive a free streaming pass for all home matches.
Pledge To Renew
- 2019/20 Season Card Holders are invited ‘Pledge To Renew’ at their Early Bird price.
- The Early Bird pricing renewal window will re-open at 2pm on Friday September 4 (online only). Telephone bookings will be available from 10am on Monday September 7 and all bookings will close at 4pm on Wednesday September 9. Please note the ticket office counter will not be open*.
- A computer-generated ballot will take place for the remaining 2,000 tickets – those fans who are successful will have their renewal processed and will be informed of this on Monday September 14 via email.
- Those that are unsuccessful will be offered a season pass for the live streaming of all our home fixtures, and midweek away fixtures, in accordance with EFL guidance.
- Any further tickets which become available during the season will be distributed in ballot form to the unsuccessful ‘Pledge To Renew’ fans.
- ‘Pledge To Renew’ fans will later be issued with a pro-rata refund based on the number of games they were not allowed to attend.
- Fans who are unsuccessful in the first ballot and do not wish to receive a free streaming pass or remain in any further ballots should additional tickets become available can be refunded. Fans wishing to claim a refund should email their requests to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4pm Wednesday September 16.
- It is strongly advised to help facilitate maximum capacity levels that all fans who are able to sit within their own social bubbles should do so following the guidance provided around this (max 6 and max 2 households). Supporters should email bubble requests to email@example.com no later than 4pm Wednesday September 9.
- This process is only open to 2019/20 Season Card Holders who haven’t yet renewed.
- We recognise that some fans may feel vulnerable in attending fixtures during these times and taking this into consideration, we can confirm that all 2019/20 Season Card Holders will retain their privileges and carry forward to 2021/22 irrespective of whether they renew for 2020/21.
- Loyalty points to be abolished for the 2020/21 season, all priority points from the 2019/20 Season will be frozen.
*Fans wishing to use credit from the 2019/20 season must do so via telephone, this cannot be done online. However, It is advised that fans with outstanding credit amounts request a refund at a later date due to the high volume of calls expected to the ticket office.
We are currently in the process of fulfilling the current sales within guidance set and information for those fans who have applied for car parking will follow.
A streaming pass for all home matches will be available to Season Card Holders during the period they are unable to attend matches due to the restricted capacity.
All Season Card Holders will be eligible to receive free streaming access to midweek away league fixtures.
Match-by-match streaming will be available at a cost of £10 in accordance with the guidelines laid down by the EFL.
We’d like to thank all our fans for the patience they have shown in recent weeks.