Sponsored by Marske Fabrications
Player Season Statistics
Games22 Goals6 Assists2
- Andraz was born in the Slovenian capital Ljubljana, on 27 February 1994.
- He began his professional career as a 17-year-old with Interblock in the Slovenian second division.
- After one season there, Andraz moved across the city to Olimpija Ljubljana in his country’s top flight. His father Miha Sporar had once been club captain there, an honour which Andraz would also go on to earn. He’d score 50 goals in 112 games over the next four seasons, including 17 in 20 in his final season.
- The striker then moved to FC Basel - he missed much of his first season through injury but returned to feature in 2016/17, when the Swiss giants won the league and cup double. He also made his debut in the Champions League, against Arsenal.
- Following a stint on loan with Arminia Bielefeld, Andraz moved to the Slovakian capital with Slovan Bratislava. He continued to hit the net regularly, with 60 goals in 78 games over three years, lifting the Slovak Cup (2017/18) and Slovak Super Liga (2018/19).
- He scored twice on his Europa League debut, against Besiktas, also netting against Wolves and twice against future club Braga.
- His goalscoring exploits caught the eye of Portuguese giants Sporting Lisbon, signing in January 2020 for a fee that made him the most expensive player in the history of the Slovak Super Liga.
- Andraz won the Portuguese treble in 2020/21 - but across two clubs. He spent the first half of the season with Sporting, who won the league and league cup, and the second with Braga who claimed the Taça de Portugal - the country’s premier cup competition - for the third time in their history.
- Andraz was called up by the Slovenian national team for the first time in November 2016. He has been capped 28 times in total, scoring four times.