- Ashley became Boro’s sixth summer signing when he joined from West Ham United for £6.5m in July 2017.
- Keighley-born Ashley began his youth career with Bolton Wanderers, a 9-year-old wanting to make his name in the game, before moving to Manchester United as a trainee aged 13.
- Following a successful loan spell at Barnsley, where he scored nine goals, including two at Wembley, Ashley moved to the Hammers in pursuit of regular first team football.
- He made 20 appearances for West Ham – 17 as a substitute – and scored once, against former employers Man United in the EFL Cup.
- Ashley made his Boro debut on the opening day of the 2017-18 season in a 1-0 defeat away to Wolves.
- He scored his first goal for the club in a 3-0 win over Scunthorpe in the second round of the Carabao Cup at the Riverside on August 22.
- Ashley joined north-east neighbours Sunderland on Deadline Day, January 2018, on loan for the rest of the season.
- In the 2017/18 season Ashley made 36 appearances, 20 for us (six starts) and 16 for Sunderland (15 starts). He scored four goals, two for each side.
- The 2018/19 campaign brought 29 appearances and nine goals, the majority of the appearances coming from December onwards. He scored a hat-trick for our U23s in a 3-1 win away to Newcastle at St. James' Park towards the end of October.
Player Season Statistics
Games38 Goals9 Assists5
- Name: Ashley Fletcher
- Country: England
- D.O.B: 2 Oct 1995