- A DR Congo international who began life with Watford, Britt learned his trade in the lower leagues with Wealdstone, Braintree and Southend before moving to Peterborough.
- It was the summer of 2017 when we smashed our transfer record to sign prolific striker Britt from Nottingham Forest - for whom he had scored 30 Championship goals in 47 starts after joining from Peterborough in 2014.
- Competition from Premier League clubs was fought off to secure the services of the highly-rated striker, who joined on a four-year contract, in a £15m deal.
- Britt ended his first season with us as top scorer, finding the net 15 times in 47 appearances (34 starts).
- Season number two proved equally productive, 16 goals coming from 46 appearances (31 starts) as he again ended the campaign (2018/19) the club's leading scorer.
- Britt scored his first international goal during the summer of 2019 when he netted against Zimbabwe in the AFCON.
- He scored 11 goals in 36 appearances in the 2019/20 season, including five in the last seven games as Boro avoided relegation from the Sky Bet Championship.
- Britt was captain in Boro's pre-season campaign for 2020/21, and wore the armband in a competitive game for the first time on the opening day against Shrewsbury Town in the Carabao Cup. Neil Warnock confirmed that he would his Boro skipper going forward.
Player Season Statistics
Games35 Goals11 Assists2
- Name: Britt Assombalonga
- D.O.B: 6 Dec 1992