- Middlesbrough-born Dael has been with Boro since the age of seven, having joined the club’s Academy from local side Cleveland Juniors.
- Dael rose through the Academy, playing at all age levels, and he represented England from Under-17 level, where he was a member of the European Championship winning team of 2014, through to Under-20s, where he played a part in the World Cup campaign in the summer of 2017.
- His full debut for Boro came on the opening day of the 2015/16 season when he turned in an impressive display at the heart of the defence during a 0-0 draw at Preston.
- He followed that by signing a new, extended contract with the club and while he captained the club’s Under-18s in the UEFA Youth League, he also clocked up eight senior appearances as Aitor Karanka’s side won promotion to the Premier League.
- Dael moved out on loan to Rotherham in 2016/17 in a bid to gain more senior experience, but having made just 10 appearances, he returned to Boro in January where he was very much part of the senior squad, and featured on the subs' bench.
- He made 18 appearances during the 2017/18 season, returning after two months without a first team game to star in a 0-0 draw in the final game of the season, away to Aston Villa in the second leg of the Play-Off semi-finals.
- At the end of the domestic season in 2018, Dael was named in the England U21 squad for the Toulon Tournament where he played a central role in the Young Lions securing victory for the third successive time.
- Dael scored in the Group Phase and followed that by scoring the equaliser in the final as England came from 2-1 down to beat Mexico. He was also named in the Team of the Tournament.
- An accomplished footballer wherever he is asked to play, Dael stamped his mark in the 2018/19 season during which he made 39 appearances in league and cups as well as adding to his collection of England U21 caps.
- He continued to be a regular in the 2019/20 season, returning from a summer injury to captain Boro for the first time in a 2-2 draw away at Bristol City. 37 more appearances followed that season.
Player Season Statistics
Games36 Tackles won28 Assists0
- Name: Dael Fry
- Country: England
- D.O.B: 30 Aug 1997