- After several weeks training with Boro, and having suitably impressed manager Neil Warnock, Duncan signed a short-term contract in November 2020.
- The Manchester-born forward forged out his early career in the lower leagues with Altrincham before being snapped up by Sunderland in 2013.
- Duncan wowed crowds at the Stadium of Light with his raw speed and direct dribbling, and also starred for England's Under-20s and U21s.
- A series of unfortunate knee injuries stalled Duncan's progress, and Sunderland slipped down the leagues largely in his absence. But 'road runner' battled back to fitness and made 22 appearances in 2019/20, his final season with the Black Cats, before it was curtailed due to coronavirus.
- Joining Boro in November, his initial remit was to impress on a short-term deal that ran until mid-January.
- Duncan provided an assist for Britt Assombalonga on his Boro debut against Derby County.
- The forward scored five goals in his first eight Boro appearances, and was named Sky Bet Championship Player of the Month for December 2020.
- The same week saw Duncan commit his future to the club with a new two-and-a-half year contract.
Player Season Statistics
Games9 Goals5 Assists1
- Name: Duncan Watmore
- Country: England
- D.O.B: 8 Mar 1994