Sponsored by Mandale Homes
Player Season Statistics
Games23 Tackles won30 Assists4
- Paddy joined Boro from north-east neighbours Sunderland in June 2018 on a four-year deal.
- The Northern Ireland international came through the ranks at Manchester United, making his debut in a 2-1 win over West Ham in 2014.
- He made 24 appearances for the Red Devils and moved to the Stadium of Light in the summer of 2016.
- He chalked up 28 appearances for Sunderland during his two seasons on Wearside, scoring seven goals.
- Representing his country at U17, U19 and U21 level and equally adept playing in the heart of defence or midfield, Paddy helped Northern Ireland senior team reach the European Championships for the first time in their history in 2016 and continues to be an integral part of the squad.
- Paddy made his Boro debut against Sheffield United in August 2018.
- During his first season with the club, Paddy played right-back and centre-back.
- His first Boro goal came in the 1-1 draw with Millwall in August 2019.
- Paddy scored twice for Northern Ireland in a shock 3-2 win against the Czech Republic in Prague in October 2019.
- Paddy scored again for Boro at Nottingham Forest in December, but four days later was shown the first red card of his career in a 3-1 defeat at Swansea City.
- He would score three more in the 2019/20 season, one in a 2-2 draw with Derby County before winners away to Charlton Athletic and Sheffield Wednesday on the final day of the season.
- Returning to a centre-back role, Paddy was one of Boro's outstanding performers in the first half of the 2020/21 season alongside Dael Fry. His form was rewarded with a new contract which he signed in early December 2020.