MFC Spectator Code of Conduct 2021/22 Season
All spectators that enter the ground acknowledge that the measures and restrictions implemented at the ground place personal responsibility on every individual for adhering to the requirements including, but not limited to, those relating to personal hygiene, testing and reporting health issues and self-isolating and quarantining.
Each spectator must accept that these provisions are required to protect the health and wellbeing of themselves and others.
In respect of each Match:
- You are responsible for deciding whether or not you should attend any match and, prior to attending each match, carry out a personal risk assessment based on your own age, health and susceptibility to infection and clinical vulnerability and of those in your household (based on government and local authority guidelines).
- Anyone aged 18 years or over must present proof of COVID status prior to entry by displaying either:
- a digital (mobile phone) valid NHS COVID pass or approved alternative proof of vaccination
- valid text or email confirmation of a negative PCR or negative lateral flow test within the past 48 hours (of the Match kick off time) from NHS Test & Trace (privately provided tests will not be accepted)
- proof of exemption via a digital (mobile phone) valid NHS COVID pass or approved alternative proof of vaccination
- Proof of ID will be required to verify the above proof of COVID status. Please have both documents ready for inspection prior to entry.
- You must not attend the match or the ground if you, or anyone you have been in close contact with, is suffering from COVID-19 symptoms or you are required to self-Isolate or quarantine.
- In the event you develop COVID-19 symptoms whilst at the ground please leave the ground immediately. If you require assistance please notify the nearest steward, maintaining a safe distance. Please be respectful to others in your vicinity, avoid close contact with those not known to you.
- Anyone over 11 years of age must adhere to government advice in relation to face coverings and must wear a face covering at all times within the indoor areas of the ground (including the concourse) unless exempt. Face coverings can be removed once in your seat and while eating or drinking.
- Be clear on your entry point to the ground and arrive in good time to allow for additional entry procedures which will include COVID status checks, applying face coverings and using hand sanitiser at the turnstile.
- Taxis and vehicles dropping spectators off will only be granted access to the designated drop off point at the Halyard.
- Bring only necessary personal items with you, and only one small bag (no larger than A4) if required that can be stored under your seat.
- You must avoid unnecessary movement around the ground and only use the toilets (and communal facilities if available) allocated to your seat.
- Follow any directional signage in place. A one-way system may operate in areas of the ground including some gangway, in particular at half time. You may have to go up the stairs of one gangway to descend another in order to get to your seat.
- You must only sit in the seat allocated to you and must not move or change seats for any reason unless requested to do so by club staff.
- You must remain in your seat at all times wherever possible.
- If you do need to leave your seat, wait for a time that the gangway is clear and, if possible turn your back as you pass (“brush past”) in order to avoid face to face contact. Please remember to put on your face covering when moving around the Stadium.
- Close physical contact, including handshakes, hugs and celebrations, with anyone you do not know should be avoided.
- You must show respect for other spectators and club staff and representatives at all times and obey instructions from Club staff and PA announcements.
- Please be patient with club staff and stewards who are working hard to maintain a safe and enjoyable environment for all. Abusive language or behaviour towards club staff and stewards or failure to follow instruction will not be tolerated.
- You must cover your cough and sneezes, ideally with a tissue but otherwise into your elbow, and maintain excellent hand hygiene by regularly washing your hands (for 20 seconds) with soap often or using hand sanitiser.
- You are encouraged to make card payments at the ground. Limited cash payment points will be available.
- Please feel free to remain in your seat for several minutes at full-time to allow for other supporters to leave.
- The club reserves the right to refuse entry to and/or eject any spectator from the ground who fails to comply with this Code of Conduct and reminds all fans that ground capacities may ultimately be negatively impacted as a result of any safety issues.
Thank you for your support and co-operation. Stay safe